Sunday 15 November 2009

Late Position Holdem Strategy

In the last three seats you are allowed to play many more hands.  This is quite a big list.  Take your time with it.

**If nobody has raised before me:**

I should RAISE with AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AKo, AQs, AQo, AJs.

If nobody has called before me, I should RAISE:  99, 88, 77, ATo, Axs, A9o, KQo, KJs, KJo, KTs, QJs, QJo, QTs, JTs.

If only 1 person has called before me, I should RAISE:  JJ, 1010, AJo, ATs, KQs. *otherwise, just call with these hands.

If two other people have already called, then I can CALL with these hands too:  66, 55, KTo, K9s, QTo, Q9s, J9s, T9s.

If three other people have already called, then I can CALL with these hands too:  44, 33, 22, K8s, K7s, JTs, 108s, 98s.

If four other people have already called, then I can CALL with these hands too:  Kxs, Q8s, J8s, 87s, 76s.

**If someone has raised before me:**

I should RAISE with AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AKo.

I should just call with:  JJ, AQs, AQo, AJs, KQs.

If three players have called a raised pot then I can call too with 99, 88 and 77.

If four players have called a raised pot then I can also call with 66, 55, 44, 33, 22, QJs, and JTs.

If five players have called a raised pot then I can call with T9s and 98s.

As before, once you have paid to play one of these hands, go ahead and call any number of raises preflop, unless you are sure that your opponents are holding much stronger cards.  So, in late position, your list of playable hands is massive. It's worth investing the time to absorb this information.


>>CLICK THE 'OLDER POSTS' BUTTON BELOW TO CONTINUE<<

No comments:

Post a Comment